Saturday, February 26, 2011

Life, Love, Worry & Self-Doubt

Let me tell you a little something about me. I am a bit of a worrier. Ok more than a bit I may have a worry problem. Trust me if there is something to worry about I will find it. It’s a gift and a curse. It makes me very compassionate but still I worry all the time. Needless, to say this already causing problems in one of the greatest times of my life……………………………………………………..Planning a wedding.
Steven and I have been together for almost seven years. We are college sweethearts.  Seriously think stereotypical here, we meet all the requirements. We met in the residence hall, joined Greek letter organizations, involved in everything, and people usually referred to us in a pair. I told you TOTALLY stereotypical! J We are very happy together and I truly believe that God brought us together. (Ok shed a tear now. It’s the “AWWWWWWW” moment. ) We really are a great compliment to each other. I think that’s so important because we are Team Hunt-Kniffley for life.

This is our first picture together! AWWWW 2003
Our engagement was a little less than perfect because of yours truly. Basically long story short, I ruined our engagement. So no, we don’t have a long romantic story. No, we don’t have a moment when we both cried because we love each other so much. Our story consists of me telling Steven twice that he couldn’t propose to me in a restaurant or our house. So after I cried because I had ruined the evening, he ended up giving me the ring in his car, after I cried yet again, (and just for the record these weren’t happy tears, these were I am a horrible person and ruined our engagement tears.) To be honest, I’m not even sure if Steven said, “Will you marry me?”
Things did get better after this not exactly memorable night. The next day (Halloween FYI! Because only cool kids get engaged on Halloween) we were very excited about the engagement and our future! The most amazing thing to me is the second you get engaged, people ask you when you are getting married. I wanted to say, “Ma’am I have been engaged for 15 minutes. Can I enjoy engagement please?” I was totally shocked. Aren’t people allowed to have an engagement period? We decided that we would just enjoy being engaged until at least the first of the year then start making decisions about the wedding. 
Before we knew it, it was January 1, 2011 and the wedding planning has started. That is our background story in about 400 words. This blog is our trials, tribulations, experiences, advice, and etc. It’s our story of how we are going to hopefully, make the wedding of our wildest dreams happen. It should be interesting and I hope I don’t have a nervous breakdown (Refer to the worry paragraph J ) But I am trying to remember all you need is love!
Next Stop: The Bride has got to feel like a bride, right?! Fake it until you make it AKA the Bridal Show circuit.

Thanks for Reading!! Come back soon!!

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment